How to Enroll
Home schooling is a serious commitment on the part of parents, but is an extremely rewarding experience as well.
If you are interested in enrolling into the Cedar Rapids Home School Assistance Program, read the information below.
- Contact the CRHSAP office at 319.558.2088
- Speak with our Intake Resource Teacher, Deann Ongie, who will explain our program in detail and send materials to your home.
- Arrange a visit and tour our facilities
- Complete the enrollment form by clicking here and return it to the CRHSAP office.
- If you reside outside the Cedar Rapids School District, you will need approval from the Cedar Rapids School District to enroll in our program. The due date for filing an Open Enrollment is March 1st.
- Once you are enrolled in our program, one of our Resource Teachers will begin working with you on a regular basis. By Iowa law, you must meet face to face with your Resource Teacher eight (8) times during the school year. When your Resource Teacher visits you, she will help you with questions you may have about choosing curriculum, your student's progress, or creative teaching ideas. She will also plan a fun educational activity to do with your student.