How to Enroll
Home schooling is a serious commitment on the part of parents, but is an extremely rewarding experience as well. If you are interested in enrolling into the Cedar Rapids Home School Assistance Program, read the information below.
- Contact the CRHSAP office at 319.558.2088
- Speak with our Lead Teacher, Jeannie Johnson, who will explain our program in detail and send materials to your home.
- Arrange a visit and tour our facilities
- Complete an Enrollment Form and return it to the CRHSAP office.
- If you reside outside the Cedar Rapids School District, you will need approval from the Cedar Rapids School District to enroll in our program. The due date for filing an Open Enrollment is March 1st.
- Once you are enrolled in our program, a resource teacher will begin working with you on a regular basis. Iowa Law states families must have eight (8) face-to-face visits with their resource teacher during the school year. When your resource teacher visits they will answer questions about curriculum, your student's progress, planning, assessments or creative teaching ideas. The resource teacher may plan a fun educational activity to do with your student(s) or discuss high school requirements, transcripts, and classes.